Our advocacy seeks to increase health equity and access to reproductive and other safety net services through stakeholder engagement, mobilization, and advancing a shared policy agenda.
MFHC’s 2022 policy priorities are:
- Ensure Medicaid expansion is implemented efficiently and structured to provide the best care possible;
- Broaden access to contraception and contraceptive equity;
- Ensure racial and LGBTQIA equity in access to healthcare;
- Streamline and improve the state Women’s Health Services Program (WHSP);
- Defend against attacks to the health safety net;
- Repair and improve the federal Title X program;
- Increase access to STI testing and treatment;
- Provide young people with comprehensive sexual health education in public schools; and
- Improve insurance billing practices to ensure confidentiality for dependents and spouses, when requested.
MFHC also supports partner organizations in achieving interconnected policy goals, including the Healthy Families Priorities.
Data from January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021
Total Clients Served
Total Client Visits